Vermont JerkFest™ & Reggae Festival is a 2-day Caribbean style food festival held in Vermont. Stay tuned for the announcement of this year’s festival date. The weekend kicks off with a Rum & Brew Tasting at Vermont JerkFest on Friday night so that festival goers will have two days of spicy fun in the sun. The Rum & Brew Tasting will feature a variety of Caribbean themed libations, including tastings of local and international spirits, artisan beverages, and plenty of rum to go around as well as sampling of Caribbean food, and local specialty products. The spicy festivities continue with the food festival on Saturday in Brattleboro, Vermont, from 11 am-7 pm where international and local reggae music artists will jam with the crowds to the cool backdrop of the mountains.
Everton Blender, one of this year’s featured artists, is an award-winning reggae musician known for having successfully blended reggae values with modern style. His most famous hit is “Lift up Your Head”. Vermont JerkFest is also welcoming Teflon to the Festival, a dancehall and reggae music artist, who is known for the reggae, hit “Harder”. These are performances you will not want to miss!
Here is what to experience at the Saturday food festival:
- Jerk dishes prepared by local and regional restaurants, food trucks, and street vendors
- Live music, including an international reggae headline performer and regional musicians
- Steel band performances
- Spice Lane showcasing local specialty products, including hot sauces and desserts
- Jerk Cook-Off competition
- Chef Demos featuring jerk and highlighting local food
- Kids & Culture Zone with hands-on interactive activities