Vermont JerkFest will showcase local reggae, world music, roots, blues and Tempo International Steel Band, accompanying an international headliner. THIRD WORLD Reggae Band, was the 2015 headliner band who kept the crowds jamming to the cool backdrop of the mountains of Vermont. The 2016 headliner acts include: Everton Blender, Teflon and Crucial Fiya along with the best regional bands.
Friday August 5th, at The River Garden, for the Rum & Brew Tasting, DJ Natty Kool and Chosen Band will provide musical entertainment between 6-10 pm.
Saturday August 6th, from 11.15 -7 pm, at the VABEC Fields, the Artist line up includes:
- Heirloom Seeds (Reggae)
- Zili Misik (Haitian Roots All Female Band)
- Fear Nuttin Band (Reggae)
- Samba Lolo (African, Roots)
- DJ Natty Kool
- Teflon backed by Crucial Fiya (Reggae/Dancehall)
- Everton Blender backed by Crucial Fiya (Roots Reggae)
- Tempo International Steel Band will be playing on the stage by the Kids and Culture section from 12 -6 pm
2015 Vermont JerkFest Headliner
The Reggae Ambassadors, THIRD WORLD has had 10 Grammy nominations, a long list of accolades for their quality music and dedication, and a catalogue of charted hits spanning four decades, their most famous hit being “96 Degrees in the Shade.” THIRD WORLD, celebrate 42 years of creativity, talent, and reggae fusion.Other featured artists who performed in 2015 were Joey Leone, as Tukura and Jah-N-I Roots Band, Tempo International as well as Satta Sound featuring Lady Lee and Shanti Starr.